Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fashion Trends: the good, the bad, and the queer

A new trend that is popping up in hollywood are these talon like nails. They're usually acrylic and shaped like spikes, most recently these nails were featured on fashion police during kelly's segment "hate it or gotta have it." Kelly personally loves the trend but after talking to a few friends I've gotten mixed reviews. This trend can be seen on some of my favorite celebs such as Rihanna, Lady GaGa and Keri Hilson, I'm still on the fence about it but I would love to here some feed back.
Next is something I hope never goes out of style for our gentlemen; the bow-tie is the business. For starters there is nothing like a man in a well tailored suit. I think I feel so strongly about well dress men is because my father was the epitome of one. He took so much pride in how he looked, he had swag for days wearing everything from pastels to seersucker and boy did he look fine. My father made sure he wore nothing but the best such as brooks brothers and ferragamo this is a trait he has passed on to my brother and I can not be more pleased. My father passed away when I was 14 and though he was taken from me far to soon I will cherish the memories I had with him as well as of him; those especially being of his style. So basically a man who wears bow ties has my heart :)
A trend that has been popular for a minute now is the high waisted cut, whether is be shorts, skirts or jeans I gotta have it. I'm 5'9 and all legs so I personally am a fan of anything that can extenuate what I consider my best feature (besides my eyes of course lol). Also the high waisted looked has a way of making you look more curvey which I think is super sexy. It reminds me of a time when girls didn't have to be stick thin to be considered beautiful; women like Marilyn Monroe Sophia Loren and Jane Russell all worked their curves and they did in high waisted garments. YOU GO GIRLS!
Lastly too much denim...everything in moderation ladies and gentlemen. Denim on denim just should't happen. k.

No comments:

Post a Comment